Beauty and the Beast (1991)
Follow the adventures of Belle, a bright young woman who finds herself in the castle of a prince who's been turned into a mysterious beast. With the help of the castle's enchanted staff, Belle soon learns the most important lesson of all -- that true beauty comes from within.
Directors: Gary Trousdale, Kirk Wise
Cast: Paige O'Hara, Robby Benson, Richard White, Jerry Orbach, and David Ogden Stiers
Release Date: September 29, 1991
41 Movie Reviews
- pandapalalmost 2 years5 popcornOnce upon a time, there was a greedy prince who only cared about himself. But after a few magical events that would take too long to write about, the prince was transformed into a hideous beast. If he could find love, and someone else could love him in return, the curse would be broken. And here is where the real story begins... Belle is tired of her old normal routines in the village, and she longs adventure. Well, she sure finds that when she stumbles upon the beast's castle. At first, the beast seems rude and mean. Will Belle learn to love such a terrible beast, or will time run out and the prince will be a beast forever? This movie is great for anyone ages 5+ because of a little violence at the end. This movie teaches love, family, kindness, and respect. (five popcorn)
- lokililyalmost 3 years5 popcornIt so adventurous and romantic and so interesting and magical to watch
- glitterstateover 3 yearsIt a amazing the way they interpret the characters is phenomenal.
- wiccanbat666almost 5 years5 popcornI loved this movie, the animation, the songs, everything is great. Belle is one of my favourite princesses and I love disney movies. Great series.
- siameze22over 5 years5 popcornI love this movie, its my all time favorite! Personally, I think that the 1991 movie is better than the 2017 version. This movie is about a girl named Belle who loves to read. Many of the boys like her like a muscular man named Gaston but Belle shows no interest in him. One day, Belles father is taking a ride in the woods and finds a castle where a big beast lives. Belle is taken a prisoner instead of Belles dad, Maurice, and starts to have a crush on the beast. This movie is one of my favorites because it has a surprising ending. Watch this movie!
- bluekittensover 5 yearsBeauty and the Beast. A very old movie but worth to watch. About a beast trying to gain his true life back before all the petals of the roses fall off. A very touching story that will fill your eyes with tears.
- ovaldonutsabout 6 years5 popcornThis is my favorite Disney princess. Belle is a quiet girl who loves to read and 'wants adventure in the great wide somewhere.' She is beautiful and wants nothing to happen to her loved ones. She is very brave to take her father's place as the Beast's prisoner. Mrs. Potts and Chip make her feel welcome, and they eventually help Belle fall in love with the Beast. The Beast is very shy at first, but is very kind to Belle. I love the romance, songs, life-lessons, and characters. Everyone should see this movie!
- CuteBunnies over 6 yearsThis is a magical film. Belle is a great role model and "Be Our Guest" was truly spectacular. My favorite part was the part where Belle danced with Beast. I love the idea of that if Beast does not become a human soon, all the petals on the Rose will fall. Experience the magic! ✨
- cutie pie 101over 6 yearsit stinks with the beast. Boo!
- soccergirl43over 6 yearsI love this movie it is one of the first princess movies I have seen . Belle is my best friends favorite princess