The Help (2011)
146 min - Drama
Aibileen Clark is a middle-aged African-American maid who has spent her life raising white children and has recently lost her only son; Minny Jackson is an African-American maid who has often offended her employers despite her family's struggles with money and her desperate need for jobs; and Eugenia "Skeeter" Phelan is a young white woman who has recently moved back home after graduating college to find out her childhood maid has mysteriously disappeared. These three stories intertwine to explain how life in Jackson, Mississippi revolves around "the help"; yet they are always kept at a certain distance because of racial lines.
Directors: Tate Taylor
Cast: Viola Davis, Emma Stone, Bryce Dallas Howard, Octavia L. Spencer, and Jessica Chastain
Release Date: August 9, 2011
121 Movie Reviews
- thepenguingirlover 2 years5 popcornthis movie was great my mom showed it to me and i loved it but some parts i did not understand at all
- jkbearover 2 years5 popcornI really enjoyed this movie
- DWKNR about 5 yearsIT WAS OK
- musiabout 5 years4 popcornThis movie is very interesting those who love English movies. I love the many part from this movie. one of them is when the servant give her mam made her eat her shit. that was the most funny and best part
- w3ertyuioover 6 yearsI love this movie so much
- eldbea1617over 6 yearsThe Help Help: to give aid; be of service or advantage. Help is always in the shape or form you think it would be. My book is named The Help the author is Kathryn Stockett. The setting is Jackson, Mississippi 1962. Aibleen is a maid who works for Miss Leefolt she is also the protagonist the other protagonists are Minny Miss Celia Foote, Mister Johnny, all of the other maids, and last but not least Miss Skeeter. The antagonist is Miss Hilly. She dislikes Aibleen and Minny. In this great realistic fiction book Miss Skeeter’s mom gets diagnosed with cancer. It gets harder for Miss Skeeter and her mom. During the story Aibleen, the maids, and Miss Skeeter make a book about how the maids are treated and their life. During a talk show (when the book is published) one man says it might be about Jackson, Mississippi and the maids get worried there bosses will find out because they made it very secretive and disingenuous. I liked this book because i thought that the storyline was very interesting and bold. I would recommend this book to people who like realistic fiction books about history WARNING= SWEARS probably seventh graders and up!
- megan_15over 6 yearsI really like this movie because it is very realistic
- gold3nglareover 2 years4 popcornIt is based on a true story
- laker101over 7 yearsnot bad not bad
- candy boyover 7 yearsi think the movie help is a good movie because i talks about colored and others and i think this movie was talking mostly about a colored women wanting a job but has to work for an other women whos not her skin color but she changes other colored peoples life by taking that risk and proved that colored people can work with other people who is not her skin color. So that's why i like this book.
- archeraddyover 8 years5 popcornit looks amazing and i really want to see it!!!!