The Hunger Games (2012)
142 min - Science Fiction Adventure Fantasy
Every year in the ruins of what was once North America, the nation of Panem forces each of its twelve districts to send a teenage boy and girl to compete in the Hunger Games. Part twisted entertainment, part government intimidation tactic, the Hunger Games are a nationally televised event in which “Tributes” must fight with one another until one survivor remains. Pitted against highly-trained Tributes who have prepared for these Games their entire lives, Katniss is forced to rely upon her sharp instincts as well as the mentorship of drunken former victor Haymitch Abernathy. If she’s ever to return home to District 12, Katniss must make impossible choices in the arena that weigh survival against humanity and life against love. The world will be watching.
Directors: Gary Ross
Cast: Jennifer Lawrence, Josh Hutcherson, Liam Hemsworth, Woody Harrelson, and Elizabeth Banks
Release Date: March 23, 2012
1177 Movie Reviews
- book_addict4 months5 popcornI really LOVE all the movies and books in the Hunger Games series!
- anna_mae4 months5 popcornI want to see this movie, but first I need to read the books! I heard that they are really good.
- book_addict6 months5 popcornI really LOVE all the movies and books in the Hunger Games series!
- foreverregancorn6 monthswannna see it
- serene_euphoria6 months5 popcornI want to watch this, because I read the books, and I heard the movie was also really good. I hope that this movie is really as good as people keep saying it is.
- mermaidomgabout 1 year14 and up!!!!
- go_pottah_1980over 1 year5 popcornHunger Games is awesome. It's about a futuristic country called Panem, which is located in today's North America. Katniss Everdeen must go into the Hunger Games, a violent "Game Show" where kids fight to the death in an arena. It has romance, violence, and a great Cast of Characters! This is definitely PG13 and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone who easily gets nightmares or younger people.
- l4dyr34dover 1 year5 popcornBeautiful Masterpiece...but not like the book at all...which is to be expected. Most books arent like their movie counterparts anyways...so...it was still great...Peeta and Gale and Katniss in that lvoe triangle...uwu
- missreagyover 1 year5 popcornHey guys, I love this movie because of the strong female lead, and I as well do archery. I will rate this 12+. This is because of violence, the language is not as bad as most movies I have rated(witch you should check out). The violence is pretty bad there is betral and death . It is very graphic people get shot with arrows there is a lot a blood. Please like this review if you found it useful.
- adroit_avimimusalmost 2 years5 popcornThe movie was very detailed and complex. Lawrence proved her ability to carry a character's heavy burden in Winter's Bone. As Katniss Everdeen, a teenage girl who is both physically and morally strong, she has gravitas, rarely breaking into a smile, but reveals no sign of self-seriousness. It doesn't leave any room for virtuosity and is about as literal and unsurprising a visual realisation of the story as you can get. "The Hunger Games" is a a good Sci-fi movie with good acting and great special effects. This movie is a great start into "The Hunger Games" quadrilogy. I would recommend this movie to anyone who does enjoy sci-fi movies. I give "The Hunger Games" a 7.5/10.