The Amazing Spider-Man (2012)
Peter Parker is an outcast high schooler abandoned by his parents as a boy, leaving him to be raised by his Uncle Ben and Aunt May. Like most teenagers, Peter is trying to figure out who he is and how he got to be the person he is today. As Peter discovers a mysterious briefcase that belonged to his father, he begins a quest to understand his parents' disappearance – leading him directly to Oscorp and the lab of Dr. Curt Connors, his father's former partner. As Spider-Man is set on a collision course with Connors' alter ego, The Lizard, Peter will make life-altering choices to use his powers and shape his destiny to become a hero.
Directors: Marc Webb
Cast: Andrew Garfield, Emma Stone, Rhys Ifans, Denis Leary, and Martin Sheen
Release Date: July 3, 2012
119 Movie Reviews
- kitt3045about 1 year5 popcornMy Favourite Spiderman Has To Be Andrew Garfield Yeah He Was Good In This But Number 3 Is Coming Soon I Think
- cool guyover 4 yearsI like this movie alot
- darkspider2099over 4 years5 popcornI think this movie made my day!
- shivi483about 5 years5 popcornAmazing Spider-Man is the a next generation. This is a generation of Spider-Man after the original by Toby Maguire. However in this set of Spider-Man the cast is Andrew Garfield who is Peter Parker. In the movie they changed a lot of aspects. Such as Gwen Stacy being the love of Peter, the way Peter got his powers and many more, this led to a whole new story but showed more a sense of belonging. The amazing Spider-Man talks about a child who lost his parents at a very young age. This leads him to stay in his uncle and aunts place. From there Peter lived his life. He enjoyed science as a subject and had a good relationship with his uncle Ben. After living life. Peter tries to find out more about his parents, especially of his father who worked in a place called Oscorp and also to go to the lab of Dr. Curt Connors, his father's former partner. From that moment it changed everything. As Spider-Man ( Peter Parker) is set on a collision course with Connors' alter-ego, The Lizard, Peter will make life-altering choices to use his powers and shape his destiny to become a hero and to protect his city. Overall is enjoyed this movie as a young boy and admired the new aspects of how they changed Spider-Man.
- puglife21about 5 yearsI love spider man this movie has to be awsome
- repwariorabout 6 years5 popcornso cool
- mattokenkenabout 6 years3 popcornThis movie is OK. Not as good as Spider man 2 or the original but I did enjoy this movie. But a reboot in such a short time? Why? Why doesn't Sony sell Spider man back to Marvel so they can do something GOOD with Spider man. Now in the originals, Peter Parker was a Nerd with a nerdy outfit, glasses and parted hair. But this Peter is the complete OPPOSITE. Now I'm not saying this movie is BAD. I'm saying that they mucked up in some places. Something that really bothered me while watching this movie is that everybody looks 25! Why do superhero movies these days get this so wrong. If you want to have teenagers in your movie, you don't hire a 24 YEAR OLD to play a 17 YEAR OLD character. This movie does have some good things about it to. Dr. Conner's is played fantastically in this movie and Emma Stone as Gwen Stacey is fantastic. Overall this movie has some really good things and some really BAD things about it. I give The Amazing Spider-Man a 7/10
- s916532over 6 yearsThis movie is just messed up. They just copied the Spider-Man on Disney XD. That's probably what happened,or the other way around. I mean who knows what happened.
- s916532over 6 yearsWell just saying the spider-man on Disney XD is way better than this better tan this movie.
- Dropover 6 yearsI mean was a good movie but I still think that Tobey Maguire is a better spider-man than Andrew Garfield.